Followers

Sunday 18 June 2017

Father's Day 2 for 1




Hellllooooooooooooo Oh joy it looks like summer has finally arrived my happy season love this weather never too hot for me!!!! (all though with me hot flushes added to it, it can a tad uncomfy at times lol)
This is a 2 for 1 deal as I am sharing the father’s day cards I have had to make this year. I have said before that it pains me that I never got to make my Dad a father’s day card as he passed away before I started making card I think he would like then and be proud of me (I know he was proud of me in other ways ) now a bit of a story about my Dad, I understand if you don’t want to read it but I wanted to share so get comfy.
My dad was a man that had to be doing something he was a landscape Gardener by trade working for a building company after doing quite a few years being self employed.
Sometimes when he used to go in on a weekend he would take me with him when I was little (I loved it) getting to ride on the diggers and dumper trucks and being his hod carrier (of one brick at a time lol) he would sometimes do what was called “foreigners”  which is basically out of hours work (although all went through his books I have to say lol) I remember doing with him to one job it was a big warehouse he had to renovate I would be off playing cops and robbers by myself me being the cop chasing the invisible baddie (well I was little and an only child) while he got on with whatever he was doing, that job took him over six months I think as he was doing at night on his own.
At home he was also always on the go making things I remember him doing fireplaces for family members and other jobs, he needed to be busy couldn’t sit for long.
On a Saturday afternoon we would watch the wrestling together (I know strange thing but it was our time) then while the footie results were on we would try out wrestling moves on each other, Even as I grew up we would play fight quiet a lot I loved that.
I think he saw a lot of what went on in the other side of my childhood but didn’t k ow what to do about it but you have to remember my Dad was an old soul he would be 92 now so things were a lot different in his eyes and ways,
He never told me to stop wearing makeup or what to wear even though my make up days started quite early and were a little OTT (I loved the punk era) he didn’t bat an eye lid just let me carry on. He never once told me I couldn’t go out (I think he know I had enough of that for my other parent) never told me to be in by a certain time. All he would say was did you have a good time?
He was never ill I can only ever remember him having one short period off work though an injury he damaged his shoulder and working on a building site (ouch) I think he was off for a couple of weeks at most if my memory serves me right,
It was at the end of his work career that his health started to fail. My dad was a heavy smoker he’s been told on numerous occasions to quite but found it very hard. He had a bleed at the back of his eye and they said this was caused by his smoking, after that things started going wrong health wise, He retired at 65 and in the 6 years till his death his health got worse he had strokes had a tumour on the brain and sadly at 71 he sadly passed away.
I still think he’s with me at times I get a whiff of something that reminds me of him, and I can sense him near as though he’s telling me he’s never far away. When I remember my Dad in my mind he has a cigarette in his mouth and a hammer or drill in his hand but always looked happy and that’s how I love to remember him so to my Dad Happy Father’s day miss you loads love you always.



 Anyway on to the cards if I haven’t bored to sleep already lol I won’t go into details about how I made them you know that already the one is from me and Phil to my father in law and the other one (the girl) is from Amy to Phil. I was a little thrown for time trying to catch up on stuff so decided to make 2 cards similar.



Both coloured with a mix of Pablo, Polychromo and Prisma pencils (links to images and papers below)
Happy Father’s to my wonderful Father in Law Rob who has always been more like a dad to me than a father in law (but then so has my Mom in Law she has been more of mom…)
Anyway hope you like my cards and I will see you soon as I have loads more to share with you.







Challenges




ATG 



http://craftypurplefrog.blogspot.co.uk/ MAKE IT MANLY (FATHER'S DAY)


Happy Crafting
Jacki xx

6 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a hardworking and wonderful Dad he was to you, I think us girls seem to love our Dads VERY much.

Love your card, I'm sure he would have too.
Faith
x

Juls said...

These are just too cute xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Super cute image & it looks fabulous in both colours

Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Purple Frog this time, hope to see you joining in with us again real soon
Hugs Shell xx

Miss Emerald said...

Lovely boy card. Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges. Good luck and hope you'll join us again.

Desire Fourie said...

Jacki this is beautifully designed and perfect for our 11th ‘ATG with CREATE WITH TLC’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck and hope to see you play with us again.
Hugs
Desíre
{ATG with a CREATE WITH TLC Element}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}
PS so perfect for fathers day and I love the buttons

cotnob said...

Two fabulous cards, such a super image.
Thank you for joining us at Crafty Purple Frog.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x